HSC® Coating (HOT SUFRACE COATING) is designed to control heat transfer on surface temperatures up to 350°F degrees (176°C). It is water-borne, and extremely lightweight and smooth in appearance. HSC® Coating uses a special acrylic resin7. blend with specific ceramic compounds added to provide a non-conductive block against heat transfer.
HSC® Coating offers a “Green”, non-flammable, non- toxic formula for medium heat surface applications over standard steam pipe or oven wall construction. The coating was originally designed for hot applications where temperature exposures fall below those that would require the use of HPC® Coating. HSC® Coating is more easily applied for a smooth finish. It can be applied over metal, concrete, wood, and other substrates.
- Applied over metal, concrete, wood or all surfaces not glazed or containing polypropylene (having no pores)
- Easy to apply over standard steam pipes, oven wall constructions and other hot surfaces
- Can be applied to situations where a shut down or drop in temperature is not possible during application
- Designed for applications whose temperature exposures falls below that which requires HOT PIPE COATING
- Does not absorb moisture or lose insulation value
- Safe, non-flammable and non-toxic
- Can be brushed, rolled or sprayed over any configuration
- Is lightweight and smooth in appearance
- USDA approved
|Product Chemistry||Ceramic & Acrylic based|
|VOC Level||70 g/L|
|Dry Time||10-30 minutes per coat, or until steaming action has finished|
- As an insulation system over hot pipes, tanks, and valves
- To block heat migration into cold tanks, lines, and valves
- Easily applied when a hot system cannot be shut down
- Easy to apply directly to hot pipes
- Immediately reduces surface temperature and loss of heat
HSC® Coating should be used for applications 350°F degrees(176°C) or lower. Apply HPC Coating for applications between 350°F degrees (176°C) and 700°F degrees (371°C). HSC® Coating can be applied to metal, concrete, masonry and wood.
The application can be by spray, brush or roller. For specific instructions on surface preparation, mixing and application, please refer to the SPI Application Instruction sheet for HSC Coating.
If HSC Coating is applied on surfaces outdoors, you must overcoat the HSC with Super Therm®, Rust Grip®, SP Liquid Membrane or Enamo Grip according to what is needed. It cannot be left uncoated and left exposed to weather conditions. It is lightweight to insulate, which leaves it vulnerable to weather conditions.