HPC®-HT PRIMER is a single-component resin, water-based coating using specific ceramic fiber loads for application directly over surfaces 200°C (392°F) and up to 600°C (1112°F). It was designed to provide the initial adhesion over extremely hot surfaces before the heavier-loaded HT is applied.
HPC®-HT PRIMER offers a ‘green’, nonflammable, non-toxic formula for high-heat surface priming. HPC®-HT is easily applied, and can be applied direct to metal, and other high-temperature surfaces.
NOTE: Can be applied over ambient but takes a day to dry
- As the high-temp primer coat for surfaces greater than 250°C, over hot pipes, tanks, and valves
- Applied when a hot system cannot be shutdown.
NOTE: A respirator should be worn while mixing and
applying the HPC®-HT PRIMER.
The application is applied using a hopper gun or a Texspray 2000, using the smallest tip. For specific instructions on surface preparation, mixing and application, please refer to the HPC®-HT Primer Application Instruction Sheet.
HPC®-HT PRIMER will dry immediately upon contact and be ready for the regular HPC HT application.
- According to tip size (use smallest tip size), over spray with a hopper gun can be 15-20% loss, and must be factored in
- HPC®-HT PRIMER is applied to 1/8-inch (3mm) thickness.
- Open and stir; will have a textured look.
MINIMUM SPREAD RATES (mil thickness)
22 sq.ft./gal. = 30 mils dry (2.0 sq.mtr. = 0.75mm). Apply in two coats with each coat @ 40 mils (1mm)wet. Wait 5 minutes between 1st and 2nd coat.
- Solids: By Weight: 43.3% / By Volume:41.1%
- Dry Time: If between 400-1112°F.; @ 10 seconds per coat, or until steaming action has finished.
- Lead and chromate free
- Cures by evaporation on hot surfaces
- Weight: 12.00 lbs. per gallon(5.44-kilos)
- Vehicle Type: Silicate hybrid blend
- Shelf Life: Up to 2 years if unopened under appropriate storage conditions (SeeSDS)
- VOC Level: 200 grams/liter, 1.67lbs./gal.
- Maximum Surface Temperature whenapplying: 1112°F(600°C)
- Minimum Surface Temperature when applying: 390°F (200°C); less than 200°C, use regular HPC®
- Maximum Surface Temperature “after curing”: 1112°F(600°C)
Do not take internally. Avoid contact with eyes. If solution does come in contact with eyes, flush immediately with water and contact a physician for medical advice. Avoid prolonged contact with skin or breathing of spray mist.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.