SP SEAL COAT is a one component coating that combines three high performance water‐borne resins. The coating is designed using a high quality elastomeric and a self‐cross‐linking resin system for long life and weathering, as well as against water that ponds, and having good dirt release. SP SEAL COAT is used as a topcoat over SUPER THERM, HPC or other base materials. It remains flexible and is resistant to mold and mildew. SP SEAL COAT can be applied over most firmly bonded paints or foams. Allow the base coat to dry before applying the SP SEAL COAT.
- As a one-coat system on most types of roofs (except direct-to-metal).
- As a topcoat over all SPI base coats.
- Designed as a top coat for water resistance as it remains flexible.
SP SEAL COAT can be rolled (1/2-inch nap), brushed or sprayed (airless, 3000 psi, .019-.023 tip). For specific instructions on surface preparation, mixing and application, please refer to the SPI's application instructions for SP SEAL COAT .
- Solids: By weight: 62.2% / By Volume: 49.5%
- 30-60 minutes to tack free at 70°F (21°C)
- Overcoat: 2 hours when 70°F (21°C) at 40% Relative Humidity
- Fully cures in 21 days
- Lead-, Chromate-, and asbestos-free
- Cures by heat and evaporation
- Weight: 11.5 lbs. per gallon
- Vehicle Type: Water-borne
- Shelf Life: up to 3 years unopened under appropriate storage conditions (see MSDS)
- VOC Level: 67 grams per liter
- Viscosity: 105-110 KU
- Can tolerate up to 300°F once cured
- Tinting: Can be factory tinted any light color with a minimum of 250 gallons ordered
FIELD TESTING of components has proven
- The coating provides a water-resistant barrier.
- The coating can withstand climate conditions without peeling, cracking or loss of adhesion.
- The coating is resistant to mold and mildew.
- The coating was designed to be flexible and elongate to move with the substrate, and to withstand the rigors of expansion and contraction.
- Resistant ponding water areas with good dirt release..
- USDA approved under Directive 15000.4.
Do not use this product without first taking all appropriate safety measures to prevent property damage and injuries. These measures may include, without limitation: proper ventilation, use of proper lamps, wearing of protective clothing and masks, tenting, and proper separation of application areas.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
For more specific safety procedures, please refer to the SP SEAL COAT Material Safety Data Sheet.