DESCRIPTIONENAMO GRIP SAS is a two-part aliphatic polyurethane enamel, based on the same chemistry as the base formula of ENAMO GRIP, yet designed using a proprietary system to give the slick surface for resisting attachment of algae, debris and ice crystals, while having embedded nano-particles to resist deterioration of the coating surface from blown sand and birds. ENAMO GRIP SAS will self-level to an even and smooth finish. It is tough enough to withstand the abrasion of most wind-blown materials.
- For architectural and maintenance solutions that require the utmost in exterior durability and low dirt retention;
- For anti-graffiti protection;
- Inside exit tubes in industrial plants to resist accumulation or build- up;
- Exterior of boat hulls to resist barnacle and algae attachment;
- When a slick finish is needed, but toughness is required.
- ABS approved
ENAMO GRIP SAS is applied in three coats to build up thickness in order to withstand atmospheric conditions, storms and abuse. ENAMO GRIP SAS can be applied to metal, concrete, masonry, wood and other porous surfaces. The application can be by brush, roller, or airless sprayer. For specific instructions on surface preparation, mixing and application, please refer to the SPI’s application instructions for ENAMO GRIP SAS.
NOTE: This product must not be applied over chlorinated rubber or surfaces where chlorinated rubber has been.
NOTE: Never use mineral spirits to prep surfaces or to thin this product.
NOTE: After dried, no other coatings can be applied.
MINIMUM SPREAD RATE (mil thickness)
- Porous Surfaces – Apply 1 application of RUST GRIP or ENAMO GRIP SAS @ 401 sq.ft./gallon (37.2 sq.mtr/gallon); 4 mils wet / 1.2 mils dry (102 microns wet/30.4 dry); this coat will absorb into substrate surface. Apply 3 additional coats of ENAMO GRIP SAS @ 401 sq.ft./gallon; 4 mils wet/1.2 mils dry, each application, observing dry-times noted on Application Instructions between coats.
- Non-Porous Surfaces – Then apply 3 coats of ENAMO GRIP SAS @ 401 sq.ft./gallon (37.2 sq.mtr/gallon); 4 mils wet/1.2 mils dry (102 microns wet/30.4 microns dry) each application.
- Clear Coat Only – Apply 3 coats of ENAMO GRIP SAS @ 401 sq.ft./gallon (37.2 sq.mtr/gallon); 4 mils wet/1.2 mils dry (102 microns wet/30.4 microns dry) each application.
NOTE: Surfaces must be sealed prior to application to prevent absorption of the SAS when applied. According to type (metal, concrete or wood), a sealer is used before applying ENAMO GRIP SAS.
- Reacted Solids: Clear--By weight: 31% / By volume: 30%
- 40-90 minutes to tack free at 70°F (21°C)
- Overcoat window is two hours or less at 70°F (21°C)
- Lead-free / Chromate-free
- Cures by chemical reaction
- Reacted Weight: clear—8.0 lbs/gal.
- Aliphatic Polyurethane
- Shelf Life: Up to 2 years (unopened) under appropriate storage conditions (See MSDS)
- Reactive VOC: Clear--4.51 lbs/gal.
- Mix Ratio: 3 parts base to 1 part curing agent by volume
- Pot-Life: 6-8 hours @ 70°F (21°C), 1 hour at 90°F (32°C)
- Maximum Surface Temperature when applying: 150°F (65°C)
- Minimum Surface Temperature when applying: 40°F (5°C)
- Maximum Surface Temperature after curing: 300°F (149°C)
- Impact Resistance: Front--160psi, back--100psi
Do not use this product without first taking all appropriate safety measures to prevent property damage and injuries. These measures may include without limitation: proper ventilation, use of proper lamps, wearing of protective clothing and masks, tenting, and proper separation of application areas. This coating is flammable. Keep away from flame, fire, or other sources of ignition. For more specific safety procedures, please refer to the ENAMO GRIP SAS Material Safety Data Sheet.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.