APC STRIPABLE BASE is a single component, water- based coating designed to be a strippable base for bare or painted metal, painted concrete, masonry, high-density plastic, and wood. It offers a dual ability to adhere to a surface and to have a top-coat applied, while allowing itself to be sliced to break the surface tension and can be removed months or years later. Conforms to MIL-PRF-6799.
- As a strippable sealer over smooth surfaces
- APC STRIPABLE BASE allows a top-coat to be applied for color orinsulation
APC STRIPABLE BASE should be applied to clean nonporous surfaces. APC STRIPABLE BASE can be applied by conventional air spray, HVLP, or airless spray equipment or by natural bristle brush or short nap (1/4-inch) roller. Airless machines need to spray at a minimum rate of one gallon per minute using a .025-.031 reversible tip.
MINIMUM SPREAD RATES (mil thickness)
Smooth Surfaces- metal, foam. Apply @ 90 sq.ft./gallon (8.4 sq.mtr./gal.) 18 mils wet, 7 mils dry (450 microns wet, 175 microns dry); uniform finish--no shadowing.
- Solids: By weight 42% / By volume:40%
- 30-60 minutes to tack free at 70°F (21°C) in full sun
- Overcoat: 2 hours (full sun) when 70°F (21°C) at 40% relative humidity
- Full Cure: 2days
- Lead and chromate free
- Cures by evaporation
- Weight: 8.8 lbs. pergallon
- Vehicle Type: Aqueous acrylic dispersion
- Shelf Life: Up to 3 years if unopened under appropriate storage conditions (SeeMSDS).
- VOC Level: 41 grams /liter
- Package Unit: 5 gall on pail
- Maximum Surface Temperature when applying: 150°F(65°C)
- Minimum Surface Temperature when applying:40°F (5°C)
- Maximum Surface Temperature after curing: 200°F (93°C)
Do not use this product without first taking all appropriate safety measures to prevent property damage and injuries. These measures may include, without limitation, proper ventilation, use of proper lamps, wearing of protective clothing and masks, tenting, and proper separation of application areas. For more specific safety procedures, please refer to the APC STRIPABLE BASE Material Safety Data Sheet. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.