LIQUID MEMBRANE is a tough, one-part elastomeric hydrocarbon rubber compound coating that is loaded with a ceramic pigment for strength. Upon curing, SP LIQUID MEMBRANE provides a protective coating film of superior adhesion and flexibility, and is resistant to abrasion and impact. SP LIQUID MEMBRANE can be used as a primer, as a one-coating system or as a topcoat to seal SUPER THERM from ponding water. SP LIQUID MEMBRANE can be applied over pressure-washed substrate ofTPO, EPDM, PVC, wood, concrete or metal.
- As a protective coating on metal, concrete, wood, etc. to add water resistance and longevity.
- As a one-coat system on new or existing roofs, and other commercial/industrial surfaces with minimal surface preparation.
- As a moisture protective membrane to stop moisture penetration, contaminants, and mold and mildew.
- Top coat in a thin film over the HPC and HSC to protect them from weathering, water and to help guard from abuse during normal operations.
SP LIQUID MEMBRANE can be applied to concrete, EPDM, TPO, PVC, wood, metal or masonry substrates. The coating can be applied by spray, brush or roller. For specific instructions on surface preparation, mixing and application, please refer to the SPI’s application instructions for SP LIQUID MEMBRANE (millage may vary due to surface profile), and what is required of the
NOTE: This product must not be applied on or within 2 inches of chlorinated rubber.
NOTE: Never use mineral spirits to prep surfaces or to thin this product.
NOTE: SP Single-Ply Primer must be used to prime PVC, TPI and EPDM prior to applying SP Liquid Membrane.
- Solids: By weight 67.4% / By volume 59.8%
- 60 MINUTES TO TACK FREE AT 70°F (21°C)
- Overcoat window is unlimited
- Lead and chromate free
- Net Weight: 8.3 lbs. per gallon
- Viscosity: KU141
- VOC Level: 3.5/lbs. per gal/419 grams/liter
- VOC Shelf Life: Up to 3 years (unopened) under appropriate storage condition (see MSDS)
- One component coating; No curing agent needed
- Tensile strength: 1765 psi
- Elongation: 512% / Permeance: 7.3
- ASTM 6083 Testing: Pass
- Tear Resistance: 351 lbf/in
- Fungi Resistance Rating "0"
- Low temp flex -15°F: Pass
- 1000-hour accelerated weathering: Pass
- White in color; available in colors per minimum order requirement
- Maximum Surface Temperature when applying; 150°F (65°C)
- Minimum Surface Temperature when applying; 50°F (10°C)
- Maximum Surface Temperature after curing; 160°F (71°C)
- Failure will occur at a constant temperature equal to or greater than 325°F (163°C); consult SPI for intermittent temperatures greater than 160°F (71°C)
- Can be applied over damp to wet surfaces
- Resistant to animal fats
- Cannot be applied directly over foam; use SUPER THERM to separate
Do not use this product without first taking all appropriate safety measures to prevent property damage and injuries. These measures may include, without limitation: proper ventilation, use of proper lamps, wearing of protective clothing and masks, tenting, and proper separation of application areas. This coating is flammable. Keep away from fire, or other sources of ignition. For more specific safety procedures, please refer to the SP LIQUID MEMBRANE Material Safety Data Sheet. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.