LINING KOTE UHS is a two-part pigmented epoxy coating, which will produce a hard, tough coating film. Designed to for use on the interior of tanks, this epoxy coating was built to resist the toughest acid, chemical or solvent environments. LINING KOTE UHS has outstanding adhesion and can withstand direct impact. It is resistant to water, humidity and high heat. LINING KOTE UHS is made with a high molecular weight base and cure for strength and durability.
- Superb acid and superior alkali resistance.
- As a lining topcoat for acid tanks (two coats required) with 10- day cure time for both interior and exterior splash;
- As a lining topcoat for chemical tanks (three coats required);
- As a lining topcoat for solvent tanks (two coats required);
- As a lining topcoat for ballast tanks (two coats required).
LINING KOTE can be applied to concrete or masonry substrates. The coating can be applied by spray, brush or roller. For specific instructions on surface preparation, mixing and application, please refer to the SPI’s application instructions for LINING KOTE UHS.
NOTE: Special attention should be paid to the number of coats for specific types of tanks and the curing time required before being put back into service.
NOTE: This product must not be applied on or within 2 inches of chlorinated rubber.
NOTE: Never use mineral spirits to prep surfaces or to thin this product.
NOTE: Pot life = 30-45 minutes @ 70°F (21°C)
- USDA approved
- Marine Approvals for Salt Water/Maritime Use:
- US Coast Guard
- ABS (American Bureau of Shipping)
- IMO (International Marine Organization)
- Abrasion (ASTM D4060)
MINIMUM SPREAD RATES (mil thickness)
- Porous Surfaces – Apply 2-3 applications of LINING KOTE @ 200 sqft/gallon; (18 sqmtr/gallon); 8 mils wet, 6.4 mils dry (200 microns wet, 160 microns dry) each coat. This will leave a total thickness of 12.8 dry mils (2 coats) or 19.2 (3 coats).
- Metal Surfaces – Apply Moist Metal Grip as a primer and apply 2-3 applications of LINING KOTE UHS as directed above.
- Important: When applying LINING KOTE over Moist Metal Grip, if relative humidity (RH) is <60% (and/or low temperature is below 70°F), Moist Metal Grip must be given extended time to cure (6-36 hours) due to low RH and low temp.
NOTE: Surface and ambient temperatures will determine cure-time. Introduction of heat beneath or over surface will enhance the cure time.
- No induction time is necessary over 70°F (21°C).
NOTE: RUST GRIP is not compatible with LINING KOTE
UHS. MOIST METAL GRIP should be used in place of RUST GRIP as a primer. Apply MMG as directed (8 mils wet/4 mils dry).
- Reacted Solids: White – By weight 89% / By volume 80%
- Two hours to tack free at 70°F (21°C)
- Overcoat window is from tack free to 48 hours @ 70°F
- Lead- and Chromate-free
- Cures By: Chemical reaction
- Reacted Weight: 12.6 lbs/gallon
- Vehicle Type: Amine- epoxy
- Shelf Life: Up to three years unopened under appropriate storage conditions (See MSDS)
- Mix Ratio: 3 parts base to 1 part curing agent by volume
- Reactive VOC - White: 0.64 lbs/gal; 76.0 grams per liter
- Tinting: Can be tinted any color - minimum of 250 gallons.
- Maximum Surface Temperature when applying; 100°F (38°C).
- Minimum Surface Temperature when applying; 40°F (4.5°C).
- Maximum Surface Temperature after curing; 275°F (135°C)
- Failure will occur at a constant temperature equal to or greater than 295°F (146°C); consult SPI for intermittent temperatures greater than 295°F (146°C)
- pH spread according to % solutions: 1-14
- Non-sparking coating film
Do not use this product without first taking all appropriate safety measures to prevent property damage and injuries. These measures may include, without limitation: proper ventilation, use of proper lamps, wearing of protective clothing and masks, tenting, and proper separation of application areas. This coating is flammable. Keep away from flame, fire, or other sources of ignition. For more specific safety procedures, please refer to the LINING KOTE UHS Material Safety Data Sheet.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.