HPC® (Hot Pipe Coating) is designed to control heat transfer on surface temperatures up to 482°F (250°C). It is water-borne and extremely lightweight in appearance. HPC® Coating uses a special acrylic resin blend with specific ceramic compounds added to provide a non-conductive block against heat transfer. HPC® Coating offers a “Green”, non-flammable, non-toxic formula for high heat surface applications over standard steam pipe or oven wall construction. HPC® Coating is easily applied using a texture sprayer, and can be applied over metal, concrete, wood, and other substrates.
If HPC® Coating is to be applied over flat steel surfaces, see manufacturer for instructions.
- Is easy-to-apply directly on to hot pipes while pipes are still operational
- Increases insulation with each additional layer – additional coats immediately reduce surface temperature and loss of heat
- Is long lasting – does not absorb humidity or lose insulation value when supported by an overcoat of RUST GRIP or ENDU PRODUCTS
- Is a safe, non-flammable and non-toxic solution
- Can be sprayed to fit over any configuration or shape, making it possible to reach the most difficult places in highly complex environments
|Product Chemistry||Acrylic & Water based|
|VOC Level||25.1 g/L, .209 lbs./gal.|
|Dry Time (at 200-300˚F)||10-30 minutes per coat|
- Is an insulation system over hot pipes, tanks, and valves
- Blocks heat migration into cold tanks, lines, and valves
- Can be used to block conductive, convective and radiational heat
- Is an ideal solution when a hot system cannot be shut down
- Can be used as a base/primer or can be built up in layers for additional protection
- Is easily applied using a texture sprayer, and can be applied over metal, concrete, wood, and other substrates.
HPC® Coating can be used for applications ‘up to’ 482°F (250°C). It must be applied according to Manufacturer’s Application Instructions.
The application is applied using a texture sprayer. For specific instructions on surface preparation, mixing and application, please refer to the SPI Application Instruction sheet for HPC® Coating. If HPC® Coating is applied on surfaces outdoors, you must overcoat the HPC with Super Therm®, Rust Grip®, SP Liquid Membrane or Enamo Grip according to what is needed. It cannot be left uncoated and left exposed to weather conditions. It is lightweight to insulate, which leaves it vulnerable to weather conditions. HPC® Coating must be completely dry before applying topcoat.
HPC® Multi-Mesh Membrane System is used on hot pipes when continuous cycles cause movement, and where continuous impact caused by workers handling the hot pipe is unavoidable. Apply Multi-Mesh Membrane between layers of Rust Grip, Enamo Grip or Moist Metal Grip for exterior toughness. Multi-Mesh Membrane combined with Rust Grip or Moist Metal Grip forms a hard cast for exterior strength and moisture barrier to protect the HPC system. A final topcoat of SP Liquid Membrane should be added for impact resistance and movement from elongation during heat cycles to avoid stress cracks.